The role will be supporting a Local Councils GIS Team in maintaining and updating their GIS data.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage existing GIS infrastructure.
- Provide support to existing GIS users
- Carry out assessment, cleaning and enhancement of existing GIS data.
- Liaising with third parties in relation to sourcing data
- QA of data from third parties
- Data capture
- Management of digital data
- Produce high quality reports and maps as and when requested using the information provided
- To work independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop and editing tools
- An understanding of the capabilities of GIS and its application in real world situations
- Awareness of relational database products and their application to GIS solutions
- Experience in using the Microsoft Office suite of products Access, Word and Excel, as required to produce the reports
Staff will be trained to carry out specific tasks. They will be expected to have knowledge of most common ArcGIS functions/toolbars and to have a reasonable understanding of geodatabases and data management practices.
The role will be based in the customer’s office in Co. Down
If you would like to be part of this winning team then please submit your application along with your CV quoting the job title above to email: email@example.com
Esri Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.